Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills are vital to success in business and life.
Communication and Writing Skills
Did you know that an estimated 30% of all business emails are aimed at clarifying miscommunication generated from the other 70%? As more and more organizations come to this realization, business writing skills training has become a staple for capability development initiatives.
This course provides an introduction to business writing skills as they relate to the drafting of emails, memos and business letters. During this course, we will describe and apply structuring and business writing techniques designed to cater for the modern business environment. Above all, we will emphasize the use of simple, clear and positive language in addressing day to day business affairs.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the fundamental pillars of business writing for achieving better results
- Practice basic techniques for writing effective emails, letters and memos
- Demonstrate professionalism by writing in a clear, specific and positive manner
- Deliver solid conclusions through organized structure and flow
- Use practical and modern methods for powerful business writing
This course provides participants with the opportunity to identify how a crisis can impact an organization and what should be done to mitigate its effects. The course focuses on how to prepare the communication function to respond rapidly and effectively in the event of a crisis in order to be able to manage perceptions in the media and online.
By attending this course, you will learn best practices in crisis communication management, situation analysis, risk assessment, crisis team formation and responsibilities, protocols, and resources to be used such as crisis manuals and communication tools.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the different types of crises and their aspects
- List the various principles of crisis communication
- Devise crisis management processes aimed at mitigating potential crises in their organizations
- Demonstrate the benefits of using the media in a crisis situation
- Evaluate and prioritize the dimensions involved in crisis communication management
- Analyze and interpret results achieved through crisis communication management
A technical report is more than a mere representation of facts pertaining to a situation. An effective report can move people towards taking a desired course of action. Moreover, the quality of a report can influence how its subject matter is perceived by the reader. In this course, we will describe the different types of reports. We will master the structuring and scoping of reports, from conception to completion. We will also learn to write for our specific audience with a tangible sense of purpose. Finally, we will discover a logical approach towards developing visual aids to support our representation of the facts, conclusions and recommendations that comprise the report.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Write purposeful business and technical reports that meet readers’ requirements
- Utilize different templates and report types to achieve reporting objectives
- Generate reliable conclusions effectively by researching, analyzing and organizing information
- Provide evidence-backed recommendations to support management decision making
- Use visual aids appropriately to support the presentation of information
- Apply advanced methodologies to make every report a winning report
In this age of fast changing technology, email is the preferred and often most efficient form of business communication. Yet many organisations overlook the etiquette framework that should be in place when using this very important business communications tool.
Our Email Etiquette training course provides you with the skills and techniques necessary for managing emails, creating and managing groups, writing professionally with effective email structures, creating signatures and templates and more. Learn how to draft emails that are clear and concise and won’t be misinterpreted by co-workers.
conclusions and recommendations that comprise the report.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Develop a heightened awareness of the potential perils of digital communication
- Master effective email structures to achieve clarity and successful communication
- Learn to write for the reader, starting with effective subject lines
- Make the most of ’email estate’
- Carefully consider the email recipients
- Learn to work within principles or ‘rules of thumb’ to ensure professional, clear & effective emails
- Perfect grammar because it matters
- Format messages for readability
- Learn to write professionally and brand Broadcast emails
- Learn to avoid senders regret by proof reading
- Understand the concept of ‘netiquette’
- Master the inbox using some core principles and email functions
Enjoyed the course, especially some of the content which was technical and really relevant to the level of or interests of the delegates.
The presenter was knowledgeable about the topics, well prepared for the sessions, enthusiastic and interested.
The objectives for each topic were identified and followed. This will enable me to apply the knowledge I gained. Plus, participation and interaction were encouraged.
Enjoyed the general knowledge being passed and relating the course to our own personal financial situation and how we can use these policies for personal gain.
The training presenter was well prepared for the session, enthusiastic and interested. Plus the material was well organised.
A very enjoyable course with lots of current anecdotes to illustrate the course material.
The objectives for each topic were identified and followed. Shared experience – relevant to every day. Very good coverage and really enjoyed being at the event.
The presenter was well prepared, and answered the questions in a complete and clear manner. The objectives for each topic were identified and followed.
I enjoyed all aspect of the course content due to their inter-relatedness, plus the presenter was very knowledgeable and experienced.
The course was refreshing to reflect on key areas of Human Resource and measure where my organisation is in relation to the topics covered.
Enjoyed the interactions, different perspectives offered and the opportunity to open the thoughts of strategic HR Metrics and Analytics thinking.
The training met my expectations. The course objectives and content for each topic were identified, followed, organised and easy to follow.